Date(s): May 10, 2014 - 9:00 am 5K Time Trial start. 1:00pm 40 K Road Race.
Location: Ft. Ord, Monterey
Event Fee: $16.00 per event
2014 Ft. Ord Cycling Course Map
5km ITT Time Trial and 40km Road Race events
Saturday, May 10th at Ft. Ord National Monument, CA
Course – circuit course, 4.3 miles (7.0 km) total circuit length with full road closure – no center line rule in effect. The road surface is good and the course features long straights, false flat sections, gradual climbs, downhill's, with a few twisting turns mixed in. Circuit includes start on Parker Flats Road, left turn on Eucalyptus Road, veer right on Parker Flats Cut-off, right turn on Parker Flats Road. For ITT, Finish will be located on Parker Flats Cut-off for 5km distance. For Road Race, distance will be 6 laps, same start line as ITT and similar finish as ITT on Parker Flats Cut-off Road to complete 40 km.
Start Times – ITT first rider 10:00 am. Fields will start in order: Male youngest (50-54) alternating with Female youngest (50-54) to oldest final starters. Specific start times will be published on website after registration completed and will also be posted at Parking/Awards HQ. Road Race will start 2:00 pm in 4 start groups
- 2:00 pm – Men 50-54, 55-59
- 2:02 pm – Men 60-64, 65-69
- 2:04 pm – Men 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
- 2:06 pm – Women, all fields
Lap cards will be displayed at Finish line, final lap signals by bell. All riders will be timed, judged by staff at Finish line and results posted at Parking/Awards HQ
Directions to Ft. Ord course – from Palo Alto
- South US 101 66 miles to Hwy 156 (exit 336) towards Monterey Peninsula, continue 6 miles to US Hwy 1
- South US Hwy 1 – 10 miles to Lightfighter Dr. exit, Ft. Ord National Monument, ½ mile on Lightfighter Rd. to Gen. Jim Moore Rd.
- Right turn on General Jim Moore Road ¼ mile to Gigling Road. Left on Gigling, ¼ mile, right turn onto Parker Flats Cut-off Road to parking on left.
Awards – medal presentation will be scheduled for both ITT and Road Race events. ITT awards will be conducted at Parking/Awards HQ podium upon completion of final rider and official times posted by staff at HQ. Road Race awards will be conducted at Parking/Awards HQ podium at approx. 3:45 pm. For all categories.
2014 Cycling Course Maps
Click on each map to view a hi-resolution version in a new browser window.